Louisiana Board of Regents BreachTue, 17 Jul 2007 by Aaron Titus
In late June, 2007 I discovered almost 200 files with personal information for 200,000 Louisianans, including 163,000 Social Security Numbers. The files were on a Louisiana State Board of Regents website that appeared to be an internal network, placed online without passwords in some areas.
I am working with the Liberty Coalition to launch SSNBreach.org, where affected individuals can search for their names to find out if they were affected by this, or future information breach.
Download MP3 (6:13min, 5.7MB)
- Search for your name- were you affected?
- Liberty Coalition
- Organization sponsoring ssnbreach.org
- Board of Regents Advisory
- Board of Regents Press Release
- Board of Regents Breach
- Blog entry on the Breach
- Louisiana Board Of Regents Acknowledges Security Breach
- First WDSU Story
- La. Security Breach Exposes Thousands To ID Theft
- Second WDSU Story
- Board of Regents
- Home Page